Transcendental Meditation Technique - What is it and why does Lena Dunham love it?
What is Transcendental Meditation?
TM is about achieving a state of relaxed awareness
TM brought to the West by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi — to help develop their inner potential. It is a technique for avoiding our daily distracting thoughts and can help promote a state of relaxed awareness. The late Maharishi Mahesh Yogi derived TM from the ancient Vedic tradition of India. He brought the technique to the U.S. in the 1960s. Yoga is part of the Vedic tradition, I will be doing a lot more research and blogging to give you a meta view of the Vedic tradition.
I took this pic in Tramore last week, so much blue. LOVE. Follow us on insta for more cool pics.
Since I started TM I have been talking about it and have gotten questions. It's difficult to answer. But here goes:
- Transcendental Meditation is a process of unlearning,
- of quieting the Western mind to acceptance
- You don't concentrate on your mantra - if it finds you and wants to be uttered your mind will do that
- You don't tell your mantra to ANYONE
- Your mind will think a lot as your start to meditate but with TM you allow a space and separate yourself from your thought and any reactions towards them
- You let your thoughts float by
- You don't get caught up on the process of how to be a good meditator
- You tell yourself that your thoughts are like your mantra, so you detach yourself form both but hold the intention that only the mantra will find you
- It's so easy, you do not to believe in anything for it to work
- You do Transcendental Meditation for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 in the evening.
Extensive published research has found that this effortless and easy technique gives you a state of deep inner calm, and boosts learning ability, emotional balance, and creativity.
Learn more about TM on the Transcendental Meditation website and suss out Lena Dunham on Transcendental Meditation. I learnt it in Cork, so you can look that up on the main site above if you are interested. I found Stewart and Nora Anne Luck to be the real deal.